Quadex Structure Guard is a 100% solids high build epoxy coating system. Quadex Structure Guard is specifically engineered to provide long term protection for manholes, pump stations, treatment plants, or any wastewater infrastructure components that is subjected to extremely high levels of hydrogen sulfide induced corrosion. Quadex Structure Guard can also be used as an interior or exterior pipe lining or coating.
Features & Benefits
- 100% Solids, No VOC’s
- Can be sprayed applied at 125 mils in a single pass
- Excellent immersion resistance
Typical Performance Data
- Color: Light Green
- Flash Point: > 250 ºF (121 ºC)
- Pull-Off Adhesion: ASTM D 4541 Minimum Adhesion is 2750 psi
- Specific Gravity Resin: 1.45 Hardener: 0.97
- Dry Service -30 ºF -250 ºF (121ºC)
- Spill/Splash 190 ºF (87.7 ºC)
- Immersion Service* 150 ºF (65.5 ºC)*
- Pump Heated (plural) Spray Units
- Minimum Output 5600 psi
- Product Hose: Min. – Optimum I.D. 0.375 – 0.5 inch
- Max. Length 100 feet
Cure Time (at 70°F or 21°C)
- Re-coat Window 4 hours
- Light Loading 1 day
- Immersion (Aqueous) Service 24 hours
- Full or Chemical Service 7 days
- 40ºF (4ºC) 1 hour
- 75ºF (24ºC) 35 minutes
- 92ºF (33ºC) 20 minutes
- Acetic Acid 10%
- Brine Water
- Diesel Fuel
- Mineral Spirits
- Crude Oil
- Ethylene Glycol
- Sodium Hydroxide 50%
- Sewage (Hydrogen Sulfide)
- Fresh and non-potable water
- Ammonium Hydroxide 25%
- Copper Sulfate
- Fatty Acids
- Hydrochloric Acid up to 20%
- Potassium Hydroxide 50%
- Caster Oil
- Sodium Chloride
- Sulfuric Acid 75%
Second and subsequent coats must be applied before the previous coat has completely cross-linked. If additional coats are needed after re-coat window, brush blast before applying the next coat. Small areas may be abraded by sanding or wire brushing.
The same requirement applies when overlapping the seams of adjacent coating sections to create a continuous protective film. If the coating surface to be overlapped at the seam cannot be brush blasted, use a non-impact means as power brushing or sanding to create a mechanical profile.
Quadex Structure Guard is available in 5 gallon pales and 55 gallon drums.
Quadex Structure Guard will yield an approximate theoretical coverage of 12.5 sq. ft per gallon @125 mils thickness.
Quadex warrants its products to be free of defects in material and workmanship. Quadex will replace any product proved to be defective when applied in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Quadex’s obligation shall be limited solely to such replacement. There are no other warranties by Quadex expressed or implied.